Request Membership in this Organization!
Fill out the form below and click the Continue button at the bottom.
THIS FORM IS INTENDED FOR <NEW MEMBERS ONLY >TO JOIN BHEA. IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MEMBER PLEASE EXIT THIS FORM, LOGIN AND USE THE <RENEW BHEA MEMBERSHIP> TAB.
Welcome to BHEA! We are so glad you found us! Please take a look at the following before requesting membership to be sure that we are the group for you.
BHEA is a non-profit Christian organization started by homeschooling families for homeschooling families in 1987 to encourage successful home education. The organization, which is solely operated by member parents, provides support, information and encouragement to over 450 homeschooling families. BHEA sponsors many activities throughout the school year to enhance the educational program that each participating family provides at home.
The purpose and mission of BHEA is to support homeschooling families in Blount and surrounding counties. BHEA's support offers benefits to the whole family. BHEA provides opportunities for homeschooling families to learn from each other. One of the greatest benefits of a homeschool support group is the information that you can share with fellow homeschooling families, from field trip suggestions to curriculum reviews. BHEA also strives to reach out to each family and minister to them when they are in need. Making the decision to homeschool can be intimidating, and BHEA is here to help you and your family adjust to the changes.
Since BHEA is an all-volunteer organization, the contributions of member time and talents are vital to its success. We ask that each member family volunteer in some capacity. Also, volunteering is the best way to get to know other members.
We are a Christian organization and welcome ALL homeschooling families regardless of religion to join us in homeschooling. We pray that by joining BHEA, you will find encouragement and blessings as you homeschool along side with us.
Here is a list of BHEA benefits available to member families.
All members are responsible for knowing and adhering to BHEA policies as defined in the BHEA Handbook. Please download a copy to read.
Membership Fee - $20 per family per year. This fee is non-refundable.
Enrichment Program Registration Fee - $40 per year per family OR $25 per semester per family. Participation in Enrichment is optional. There is a separate process for joining the Enrichment program and then registering and paying for individual sessions. If you have questions about how to do that, you may email the Enrichment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Enrichment fees are not refundable after the first day of sessions.
We look forward to meeting you!
Please keep the following in mind as you complete the Application for Membership:
1. Secondary Name: Please use this for spouse. You may also leave blank.
2. Additional Email Address: Please use this for additional parental emails, not students. It is for BHEA adult communication.
3. Alumni only or Teacher only: (You are NOT currently homeschooling ANY children.) When you get to the yellow section to enter child data, click on the red "X" in the right corner. This will make all of the child data fields disappear.
4. PRIVACY: The MEMBER DIRECTORY is only visible to our logged-in members. We encourage you to include your family. (You will be given this option below.)
5. FORUM EMAILS: Our Forums are a great place to communicate within our membership, to receive information about field trips, classes, and more. (You will be given the option to choose which forums you wish to receive notifications from below.)
6. SECTIONS: Please select all that apply to your family. Checking the appropriate section(s) aids the class registration process and allows for customized communication, so that you only receive information that is relevant to you.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE USER NAME AND PASSWORD YOU WILL CREATE BELOW. THIS WILL BE YOUR PERMANENT LOGIN INFO.
**Safari browser users, you may want to switch to Chrome or Firefox browser. The website forms, such as the joining form, are not supported by Safari and work best with Chrome or Firefox. If you continue to have a problem with the forms, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Please read our Terms of Service before agreeing.